Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do new patients have to check in 30 minutes early?
There are multiple parts to your evaluation that need to be completed prior to being ready to see your Provider. In order to properly enter your insurance information, demographics, medical history, and upload your images into our system, we ask that you come in early so that we are properly prepared for the Provider to see you in a timely manner. Established patients check in 15 minutes early.
2. Are you a preferred provider for my insurance?
We are a preferred provider for Aetna, CIGNA, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Public Health Trust administered by EBMS (Employee Benefit Management Services), and VA Choice Program. For most other insurances, it is possible to be considered as “in-network providers” because we are in a “shortage area” where there are no preferred providers. It is always best to check with your insurance and if you have questions, please feel free to contact our billing office for assistance.
3. Where should I go to get my physical therapy done?
We have physical therapy at our location available for your convenience and maintain continuity of care for direct contact between the physical therapist and your surgeon. You will want to check with your insurance though to make sure they don’t have a preferred provider.
4. Is my insurance billed for my office visits?
We bill all office visits and surgeries to your insurance carriers. We do ask for payments of coinsurance or cost shares and deductibles at the time of service. If you have questions, please feel free to contact our billing office for assistance. Please remember that your insurance coverage is actually an agreement between you, your employer and the insurance carrier.
5. Why do you need a list of medications at every visit?
Medication lists often change in between appointments. If the Provider would like to prescribe a new medication we will want to ensure that there will not be a reaction. If surgery is proposed we must have a current medication list for you to provide to the surgical facility and team.
6. Can I have my ____________ pick up my medications?
Those who are listed on your HIPAA release form may pick up medications on your behalf.
7. Why does the Physician have to review my referral before you schedule my appointment?
To ensure that there is a surgical problem and to prioritize the patients who need more urgent care.
8. I called yesterday and am still waiting to hear back, how long does this take?
Please allow 24-48 hours for a return call.
9. Can I request all of my images?
We can provide any images that were taken in our office.
10. Can I make a payment over the phone?
We accept credit card payments over the phone.